- To get acquainted with the climate change and its effectonrainfed Agriculture
- To understand about the climate resilient digital technologies in rainfed Agriculture.
- To provide hands on training on adoption of climate resilient digital technologies for enhancing productivity in rainfedagriculture.
Brief content of course:
The module course will includes climate change and variability, monsoon behaviour, occurrence of drought, types of drought, rain water management, harvesting and its reutilization, climate resilient technologies, stress management in dryspell, In-situ and ex-situ rain water conservation, mulching practices, protective irrigation, rainfed integrated farming system, soil health management in dryland agriculture, mechanization in rainfed agriculture, which helps in enhancing productivity of rainfed agriculture etc. These technical information is to be digitized with adaptive techniques.
Risks and vulnerability in the context of climate change, challenges and constraints, Analysis of long term meteorological data for assessing climate variability, introduction of climate resilient crop varieties, introduction of in-situ rain water conservation techniques, introduction of dry spell management techniques, introduction of advance water saving techniques.
Hands on training and application of digital software’s for analysis of meteorological data, Practical demonstrations to implement climate resilient technologies, rain water management through in-situ and ex-situ approach. Practical’s on farm implements operations and maintenance.
By the end of module course the students/ participants will acquire the knowledge of
- Climate change and its impact on rainfed agriculture by digitalsolutions.
- Awareness of monsoon behaviour by adaptivetechnologies.
- Skill development in climate resilient digitaltechnologies.
- Hands on training/Execution of climate resilient digitaltechnologies
- Technology transfer to end user for enhancing theProductivity