- Digitization and Geo-referring of village-wise soil maps in GISenvironment.
- To generate the various thematic maps using digitized satelliteimages.
- To promote professional skill, entrepreneurship and knowledge skills through meaningful hands on experience and working in soil, water, plant and fertilizer analysis. Briefcontents:
The course will highlight the use of remote sensing and GIS techniques for digitization of satellite images for identification of different types of soil. The course will enable the students to collect the soil data and its analysis with respect to morphological, physical and chemical characterstics and diagnosis of nutrient deficiency through plant analysis. The course will provide the practical knowledge of identification of soil types and diagnosis of nutrient deficiency of an area using digitization through Remote Sensing and GIS which in turn helps to sustain soil fertility and crop productivity.
Collection of soil and water samples by using GIS techniques and analysis of soil and water characteristics like pH,EC,organic carbon content, calcium carbonate content ,macro, micro nutrient and heavy metal content in soil content and plant analysis for diagnosing the nutrient deficiency in field and horticultural crops of the region.
Introduction to application of Remote Sensing and GIS techniques for digitization of village wise soil maps.Hands on training on to digital processing of satellite images.Generation of thematic maps and its application.Practical approach to identification of suitable sites for growing of field and fruit crops.
By the end of course students/ participants will acquire the knowledge of;
- Identification of types of soil in an area through satellite image digitization using remote sensing andGIS.
- Helps in enhancing soil and water potential and thereby achieving the goal of doubling farmers income through sustaining crop productivity.