- To impart conceptual knowledge among agricultural graduates for user friendly operation of dronetechnology.
- To develop skill entrepreneurs cum artisans for revolutionizing business ideas of digitalfarming.
- To identify suitability of existing agricultural drones for pesticide application and other agricultural operations through adaptive researchtrials.
The major applications of drone in agriculture are pesticide application, irrigation, crop monitoring, soil and field analysis. Drone technology in farming and agriculture represents a huge opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Unmanned aerial systems (UAV) equipped with several sensors and microcontrollers, multispectral cameras, GPS receivers and many more, supports farmer in the efficient use of plant protection products, providing important data on the type of soil and protecting crops fromdiseases.
Accurate and timely estimates or prediction of crop production in regional scale is critical for many applications such as food security warning system, agricultural lands management, crop insurance, food trade policy and carbon cycle research. This project module will to get acquaint about technical know-how of drone technology.
Secondly, agricultural graduates will get hands on training on use, repair and maintenance of various Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems which will lead as one of revolutionizing business operation.
Part – 1 Assembling of Drone and its working
This part consists of hands on training related to introduction of various types of Drones used in industrial sector, Application of drones in agriculture, Government rules and regulations on use of drone technology, Accessories and technical specification of drones, General components or parts (Battery, Motors, Propellers, Flight Controller, Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) and their function. Multispectral Sensor, Thermal Sensor, Visual Sensors etc., Software’s and Programming, GPS module, Working, repair and maintenance of drones.
Part – 2 Entrepreneurship development
Job opportunities in drone industry, Market price summary of agricultural drones, role of agroprenures, Identification of farmers or agricultural graduates who can run start up or business related to commercialization and popularization of drone technology. Linking of entrepreneurs with industry, establishment of drone custom hiring centres.
Part-3 Demonstration of drone technology
Research trials on efficiency of majorly available drones of market will be taken at different locations in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra. The minor changes required in drone as per the cropping pattern and pesticide application rates of different crops will be undertaken in the laboratory. Efficacy of insecticide or chemical applied through drone will be tested and compared with the regular plant protection methods and techniques. Crop yield parameters such as plant standing, estimated grain yield, biomass yield and any damage of plants per unit area will be counted though high spectral camera images and data recorded in drone. The data obtained in above trials will be helpful for popularising drone technology confidently and with sound proof in theregion.
By the conclusion of the course, students / participants will gain the knowledge on:
- The technology will give scope for e-powering people who live in rural India as well as those who work for their welfare and can generate interest about digitalfarmingin the farmers and others working at thegrassroots.
- This certificate course on precision machinery such as drones, agricultural robots will result in imparting skills among agricultural graduates to establish custom hiring centers and other businessopportunities.
- The cost on pesticide application can be reduce largely and the considerable water, time and other agricultural inputs will be saved in dryland region. Thus, it will result in minimizing cost ofcultivation.
- The crop yield parameters such as uniformity in plant standing, grain yield and biomass yield etc. can be predicted for future strategic planning in thearea.
Eligibility: Any Agriculture or allied Science graduate