The program is proposed with following objectives:
- To provide the basic knowledge and hands-on training in the basics of geoinforamtics and crop simulationmodeling
- To acclimatize to the learners with the use of technology in climate smartagriculture
- To execute the agro advisory services more efficiently by using real timedata.
Brief content of course:
- Role of remote sensing and geo-special technologies n climate smartagriculture
- Abiotic stress inagriculture
- Crop modeling under climate changesituations
- Protected cultivation under greenhouse
- Precision farming for resource use efficiency, reduced emission of GHG’s and with special reference to small and marginalfarmers.
- Climate change study using open topchambers
- Micrometeorological studies using the Eddy Covariance, Bowen ratio and empirical methods.
Part 1: Introduction to Geoinforamtics
This module course will introduces the some basic components of geoinforamtics applications in the agriculture field such as to identify the crop health, soil moisture status, biotic and abiotic stress etc. The information generated from drone is important for preparation of precious agromet advisory services on real time basis. Spatial data is having large scale application in the agriculture field.
Part 2: Climate change studies
The existing filed crop cultivars performance under the elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) and temperature. The screening of the best cultivars under projected CO2 and temperature as per Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Part 3: Remote Sensing and Image analysis
Use of satellite data and Drone data for agriculture field and the conversion of image data in the operational mode using the image processing software.Development of different spectral signature of field crops and orchards for unsupervised classification of image data.
- The real time information is used for agro advisoryservices.
- The elevated CO2 and temperature studies will help to find suitablegermplasm.
- The use of drone and satellite data will help to monitor the crop health, soil moisture status and real timemanagement.
- Micrometeorological studies will helpful for microclimate management under the climate changescenario.