The Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics Programme is proposed with the followingobjectives:
- To provide conceptual knowledge and hands-on trainingin the basics of
- To acquaint the learners with the use of technology in analysing the spatialdata.
- To acquaint the learners with the use of technology and applications in irrigation, drainage, Agricultural farmmanagement.
- To promote and to dissipate the application of Agri-drone based Navigation system techniques in PrecisionAgriculture.
- To widen opportunities of learners for study and developing a career in different Agricultural sectors of employment involving fields related togeoinforamtics.
This course introduces two important components of geoinforamtics i.e. Drone (UAV) based GNSS and the GIS. GNSS have become essential part of all applications where mobility plays an important role such as in transportation systems i.e., navigation and aviation, weather forecasting, environment management, natural resource management etc. Drone (UAV) based GNSS Technology has not only enhanced the ease and flexibility of spatial data acquisition but has also diversified theapproaches.
Part 1: Introduction to Geoinforamtics
Introduction of the basic concepts of geospatial data and data processing tools.in order to understanding of basic concepts of geospatial data, sources of data, data products and formats and data analysis tools. Deals with the basics of maps, mapping, interpretation of topographical maps and also with how to choose a suitable map projection.
Part 2: Application of Geoinforamtics in Agriculture
An overview of the scope and applications of geoinforamtics in different fields of Agriculture such as natural resources studies and management, land use and planning, climate, agriculture, crop health, environment and disaster relatedstudies.
Part 3: Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation
Remote sensing, defined as a science and art of acquiring information about Earth materials without coming in direct contact with them is carried out with the help of cameras/ sensors mounted in the drone, UAV, aircrafts orsatellites.
The concept and historical development of remote sensing and describes electromagnetic spectrum, properties of EMR and radiation laws. The basic understanding of interaction of EMR with common Earth materials and spectral signature.
- Familiarise the learners /researcher with the physical principles of remote sensing, characteristics of sensors and digital images, and basic concepts of visual and digital modes of image interpretation and application inAgriculture.
- Create awareness and opportunities for application of geoinforamtics techniques in PrecisionAgriculture.
- Hands on training and technology transfer to end user for enhancing the productivity