- To digitize the watershed boundary and study the geo-morphological characteristics ofwatersheds.
- To generate the various thematic maps using digitized satelliteimages.
- To generate ground truth data on well yields, pre and post monsoon groundwaterlevels and existing groundwater rechargepotential.
- To identify the groundwater potential zones and suggesting suitable rechargingtechniques for enhancing groundwaterpotential.
The course will highlight the use of remote sensing and GIS techniques for digitization of satellite images for ground water potential zone identification. The course will enable the students to collect the ground truth data on well yield data, recording pre and post monsoon groundwater level data base and its analysis with respect to aquifer characteristics. The course will provide the practical knowledge of identification of suitable groundwater potential zones in an area using digitization through Remote Sensing & GIS and also the implementation of groundwater recharging techniques for enhancing ground water potential which in turn helps to sustain the cropproductivity.
Assessment and analysis of rainfall and runoff potential related to soil, topography, slope etc., Collection of ground truth data on groundwater levels, conduction of pumping tests on selected / distributed wells in an area, analysis of well characteristics like specific yield and transmissivity, identification of opportunities and constraints faced by the farmers.
Introduction to application of Remote Sensing and GIS techniques for digitization of watersheds, Hands on training to digital processing of satellite images, Generation of thematic maps and its applications, Practical approach to identification of suitable sites for ground water potential and prospects zones.
Study on scientific methods of open well and bore well recharge techniques, Practical training and demonstrations on implementation of recharge techniques, measurements and analysis of groundwaterrechargeanditsassessmentwithrespecttogroundwaterenhancement,water budgeting and advanced techniques of providing protective irrigation to rainfed crops for sustaining crop productivity.
By the end of the course students / participants will acquire the knowledge of;
- Identification of ground water potential and prospects zones in an area through satellite image digitization using remote sensing andGIS.
- Execution of open well and bore well recharging following scientific techniques using rainwater
- Helps in enhancing ground water potential and thereby achieving the goal of doubling farmer’s income through sustaining crop productivity by providing protective irrigation on larger area during frequent dryspellperiods.