- To understand the latest material handling system used inindustry.
- To study about the concept of Automated Guided Vehicle System Course Outcomes(COs)
At the end of this course, students are able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge on various material handling equipment used both in automated and non-automatedsystems
- Analyze and select a suitable material handling system for the given application
Material Handling – Functions, Types, analysis, Importance & Scope, Principles, – Part feeding device – types of material handling system – Unit material movement & Unit loads – Receiving,Shipping, in process handling – bulk handling equipment & methods. ……4 Hours
Material Handling Equipment
Industrial trucks, lifting device, monorails, manipulators, conveyors, storage systems, elevators, racks, bins, pallets, cranes – Automation of material handling – mechanization of part handling.
Automated Guided Vehicle System
Types of AGV’s – Guidance techniques – Painted line, wire guided, vision guided method – Applications – Vehicle guidance & routing – Traffic control & safety – system management – Quantitative analysis of AGV system.
Storage System Conveyor systems – types, Quantitative relationship & analysis – Automated storage system,performance – AS/RS system – Basic components, types, controls, features, applications,Quantitative analysis – carousel storage system – applications.
Robotics in Material Handling
General considerations in robot material handling – material transfer application – pick & place operations – machine loading & unloading – characteristics of robot application.
Methods of protecting materials for packages – auxiliary equipment’s -automated d Reference Books:
- Principles and Techniques of Vibrations, Leonard Meirovich, Prentice HallInc.
- Engineering Vibration, DJ Inman, Prentice Hall International Inc.
- Mechanical Vibration and Shock Measurements, J.T.Broch, Bruel and Kjae Publication.
- Applications of Random Vibrations, N. C. Nigam, S. Narayanan, Narosa Publishers